Monday 25 March 2013

The Last Wild


The Last Wild is a book by Piers Torday. It`s about horrible future where there are no animals except for insects. This boy who is dumb ( Meaning he can`t talk) suddenly hears a voice at lunch. It came from a cockroach and he finds out he can talk to animals. Rapidly he leads a variety of wild animals, mainly a Stag, wolf-cub and a cockroach called Genral towards the city which hunts them to find a cure for a devastating plauge which only affects animals which is called red-eye.
I enjoyed this book because it was interresting to read and gave an insight to people who can`t easily communicate with other people. I'd reallly love to read a sequel if one came out and I'd reccomend this book  to anyone I know. The characters were interesting and my favourite character was the Stag because he was intelligent and wise. The point of view was the boy, this was good because it showed the world through his experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment